Areas of Expertise
- Energy policy
- Biofuel technologies
- Forest products
- International policy
- Life cycle analysis
- Canada Research Chair, Renewable Energy Development and Implementation
- Executive Director, Queen's Institute for Energy and Environmental Policy
- Associate Professor, Queen's University
- Associate Task Leader, International Energy Agency Bioenergy Task 39 - Liquid Biofuels
- Low Carbon Biofuel Pathways to 2030
- Renewable Natural Gas (Biomethane) Regulations
- Biojet Fuel Feedstocks and Production in Canada
- Biomass Use in Canada's Oil Sands
- Labrador Bioenergy Opportunity Assessment
- Due Diligence on Biomass CHP and Wood Pellet Plant Development
- Canadian Bioheat Database
- Small-Scale Biomass CHP Technology Commercialization in Canada
- Roadmap for Biomass Industry Development in the Blue Sky Region of Ontario
- Biomass Materials Switching for Meaningful Greenhouse Gas Reductions in Alberta
- Assessing the Technical and Economic Prospects of Bioethylene
- Mabee WE, Mannion J, Carpenter T (2012). A comparison of feed-in tariff policy in Germany and Ontario. Energy Policy 40(1): 480-489.
- Mabee WE, McFarlane P, Saddler JN (2011) Biomass availability for lignocellulosic ethanol production. Biomass & Bioenergy 35(11): 4519-4529.
- Mabee WE, Mirck J (2011). Regional production and distribution of renewable energy. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 101(4): 897-906.
- McKechnie J, Colombo J, Chen J, Mabee WE, MacLean HL (2011). Forest bioenergy or forest carbon? Assessing trade-offs in greenhouse gas mitigation with wood-based fuels. Environmental Science & Technology 45(2): 789-795.
- Bacovsky D, Mabee WE, Wörgetter M (2010). How close are second-generation biofuels? Biofuels, Bioproducts & Biorefining 4(3): 249-252.
- PhD, Wood Science (Forestry), University of Toronto (2001)
- MScF, Wood Science (Forestry), University of Toronto (1995)
- BScF, Forestry, University of Toronto (1992)